If you have more than computer, how do you edit the same catalogue?
The easiest way is to use a cloud drive service such as Google Drive, Dropbox or Microsoft OnceDrive (previously called SkyDrive). This approach is easy to implement and ensures that both PCs are working on the same data. It also has the advantage that you have a secure copy of your data in case a PC fails.
The steps below explain how to copy your OnceData folder from the default location to your shared drive and then to use this as your new location on more than one PC.
- On the Windows PC that has your current Once Data, open the Once Setup Settings dialog and click on the “Local Settings” tab.
- Click on the button to open a File Explorer window.
- Right-click on the OnceData folder and select Copy (or click Ctrl-C).
- Navigate to your cloud drive, or a suitable folder in your cloud drive, then right-click and select Paste (or type Ctrl-V). The complete OnceData folder will then be copied.
Ensure the new OnceData folder is selected and click “Select Folder in the bottom right of the Explorer window
- On the second PC, change the OnceData location to your new cloud drive. i.e. steps 1, 2 and 5 above.
Another way to edit your Catalogue on two computers is to use the Export and Import Catalogue feature of Once Setup.
Using the Export Catalogue feature, you can export your catalogue (or a selected part of it) and save this to an .onz file. You then copy this file to your second PC using USB memory, or perhaps sending it as an email attachment. On the second PC you can use the Import catalogue feature of Once to import the data from the file (or a selected part of it) to Once for editing.
The Solution What happens to Once Setup if I need a new computer? also describes in detail how to export and import Catalogue files.